Select Cell for tracing
- To use take-off to calculate the quantity for an item, focus the item on the estimate. The Quantity Calculation for the item will be displayed at the bottom.
- Your measurement will be presented in the cell highlighted as yellow. You can select other cells such as width and height to also trace measurements.
Trace for selected cell
- Enable the trace toggle in the takeoff toolbar, if not already.
- Click the dropdown on the trace toggle. Select the trace type if you need to change it.
- Choose the Line Style (Color). You can change the Line Style later as you trace.
- Trace an object on the plan, such as a room, by clicking its corners one by one. To finish tracing, press Enter, click the OK button in the ribbon or click the start point to close the shape.
- The measurement will be finalised, the measurement will be reflected in the selected cell in the Quantity Calculation section.
- To cancel drawing, press Esc or click the Cancel button.
To undo last action press Ctrl-Z or click Undo in the Ribbon.
To redo last undone action, press Ctrl-Y or click Redo in the Ribbon.