You can define a named quantity that has a fixed value or is calculated using the Quantity Calculation section, and then use that quantity in multiple items in the job estimate. For example, a shared quantity called “Concrete Volume” can be used in the “Concrete” and “Concrete Pump” items in the estimate. Changing the quantity later will update both items.
The shared quantity can also be used as a parameter in a job template. The items in the template can reference this quantity. When you start a new job, you just enter or take off this quantity, and the items are calculated automatically.
Add a Named quantity.
- Go to ‘Named Quantities’ tab at the top of the estimate section.
- To add a Named quantity, enter its description and value.
- To calculate a Named Quantity using a Quantity Calculation and take-off, focus the quantity and then fill in the table in a way similar to the regular Estimate Items.
Save an existing quantity calculation
- To convert an existing quantity in the estimate to a Named Quantity, focus the item that contains this quantity and then type in a name.
- Now you can reference this quantity from other items.
Use a named quantity
- To use a Named Quantity in an item, focus the item Quantity and then select the drop-down arrow.
- Select the drop-down on the Named Quantity field and select the Named Quantity.
- The Named Quantity will replace the current quantity for the item.
Disconnect from named quantity
- To disconnect Named Quantity, focus the item Quantity and then select the drop-down arrow.
- then click the delete (x) icon next to the named quantity.
Delete a named quantity.
- To delete a Named Quantities, select them and then click Delete (x) in the toolbar.