You can create a global rate to define a structured (hierarchical) list of templates for the Job Estimate in your job estimates. When editing a job, it is possible to choose a rate, select some rates and add them to the current estimate. That will pre-populate the Code, Name, Resource Type, Unit Rate and Factor for the new lines. Alternatively, you can pick individual rates from a drop-down list when editing an estimate. In the future, if the rates are modified, you can update the estimates that use them to reflect the changes.
Global Rates screen.
- To open the ‘Global Rates’ section, click ‘Rates’ in the side menu
Create a new rates list
- To create a new rate, click ‘List’ on the main toolbar
- Click ‘New’.
- Enter a name for the template
- Click ‘Save’.
- The new template will be loaded into the window.
Load a Rates list
- To open a rates list, click the drop-down box.
- Select your rates list.
Clone a template
- To create a copy of a list, select it from the drop-down box
- Select ‘List’
- click ‘Clone’.
- Enter a name for the new list
- click ‘Create’.
Delete a template
- To delete a template, select it from the drop-down box
- Click ‘Discard’.
- Click ‘Delete’ on popup to confirm.
Import a sample list from Library
- To import a sample list, click ‘Import‘ on the main toolbar
- Click ‘From Library‘
- Select your sample list from the drop-down.
- Give it a name.
- Map the resource types, by selecting them in the corresponding drop-downs
- Click the ‘Import‘ button to start the import process.