- To Access the expression calculator, click on the calculator icon in any selected cell.
- Enter your desired expression and then click “OK”
The Expression Calculator has the following Functions
|‘||Imperial Feet e.g. 12′ returns 12 Decimal Feet|
|“||Imperial Inches e.g. 5 1/2” returns 0.458333333333 Decimal Feet|
|log10||Logarithm (Base 10)|
|round||Round to the nearest integer|
|rdown||Round down to the nearest integer|
|rup||Round up to the nearest integer|
|rto||rto(x,y) rounds x to the nearest multiple of y|
|rdp||rdp(x,y) rounds x to y decimal places|
|rdownto||rdownto(x,y) rounds x down to the nearest multiple of y|
|rdowndp||rdowndp(x,y) rounds x down to y decimal places|
|rupto||rupto(x,y) rounds x up to the nearest multiple of y|
|rupdp||rupdp(x,y) rounds x up to y decimal places|
|^||Power (x^y= x to the power of y)|
|;||Comment – everything after ; is ignored, e.g. 2*2; equals 4|
Sample Imperial and Metric Formulas
- Calculation of Factor Using Pitch in the Imperial System
The calculation is for a 6/12 Pitch Roof, to get any other pitch you would change the highlighted area from 6 to 4 in a 4/12 Pitch Roof
- Calculation of Factor Using Degrees in Metric System
The Calculation is for obtaining the Factor for a 22.5° roof angle, change the value with the brackets to your desired pitch.
- Converting Pitch to Degrees and using Cos(Degrees)
atan(6/12) gives you the Degrees so you can substitute in the above formula using Rise over Length. You can also use fraction in Rise ( eg. 6.5/12)
- Calculating Volume of a spherical Beam or a Concrete Pier.
(3/2) represents a 3 ft Diameter divide by 2 to give you the Radius and the result is squared.
The Formula for Volume of a Cylinder is r2 h . The Total Height is calculated by the Count of Piers by the height of 6 ft giving a total of 848.23 cu ft.
- Adding Feet and Inches together